A Royal Decree dated 4th April, 1869, authorised the City of Pesaro to accept the inheritance left by Gioachino Rossini in his testament dated 5th July , 1858..
June 1869 – With the inheritance the Municipality founded the “Liceo Musicale”, which was erected by Royal Decree in “Corpo Morale” in June 1869.
1940 – With the Convention of 1940, the “Liceo Musicale” was transformed into the “G. Rossini State Conservatoire” and the “Ente Morale”, to which the Municipality had conferred the ownership and management of the heritage inherited from the Maestro, took on the name of the “G. Rossini Foundation“.